Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 21 - My juice-free day. I am curious to see what will happen with side effects, etc. after missing the regular weekly chemo drip this week. I was supposed to go in for blood work, but they allowed my Home Health Nurse to come wake me at half past the crack of dawn to stick me at home.  I am grateful to avoid the two hour round trip, the time getting ready, the shaky transfer to and from the driver's car, and the wheelchair trip up and down my Super Ramp Of Death.  Instead, I took Bud for a long romp in Larry IV. Cold and bracing but nice.

This week have been fighting sniffles and coughs and chills. Mostly they pass quickly but today they're sticking around a while. Add to that some difficulty getting to sleep and some hard to shake blues and you have the possible side effects for the week.  Mostly get around them ok. For the blues I took Bud out to the woods to find a nice dead branch that we made into a Christmas Tree.  Got the new boob tube configured and watched my first home 3-D movie last night. The Avengers, a pretty good flick and a little fun in 3-D with great visual effects anyway. Have done some cleaning in preparation for a visit from a bestest friend Christmas week.  And stayed in touch with some friends and acquaintances via social networks and telephone. Those little moves can take a pretty big chunk out of the time the blues have to do their dirty work on me.

Read a NY Times article about aspirin, including a line about a clinical trial that shows it to have remarkable effect in preventing adenocarcinoma. Like the one that was in my pancreas. Too little, too late. But may be good to pass along to those who aren't here yet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/opinion/the-2000-year-old-wonder-drug.html?adxnnl=1&smid=fb-share&adxnnlx=1355339522-Lmxk0bQGoo958jCWGABcEA

With that, I shall continue my adventure with sniffles and Bud. Today we steam clean carpets from the wheelchair. This should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon! Take it easy on the cleaning projects, though!

    Looking forward to taking Bud for some romps as well.

    ReplyDelete