Thursday, February 28, 2013

Made it to the half-way point today, both for the radiation/chemo segment and the overall treatment regimen.  Up until last week I had been looking forward to this point. But the side effects are kicking in and kicking my butt a bit.  Actually wasn't sure I'd make today's treatment because in the middle of the night I considered a cab ride to the ER.  Mouth sores, mild nausea, sore throat to the point of feeling like throat tissue is peeling and there is some obstruction lodged there.

This didn't happen with the Gemcitabine alone, so it's down to the 5FU. Disappointing because they convinced me that this was the less powerful when it comes to side effects.
Will pour down the cough drops and lemon/honey tea and keep my fingers crossed for some sleep tonight.  Just three more weeks of that brand of poison.

One thing that's encouraging is observing the others undergoing radiation as we come together in the waiting room. A most cordial gang of geezers, all very kind and thoughtful. What's encouraging is they never talk about their cancer. They talk about life. That makes for a very healthy perspective for me.

Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment