Sunday, February 24, 2013

The radiation treatment has become less annoying and in fact, I find myself looking forward to it (it's the people) and miss it on the off days. The annoyance is largely from the time and difficulty involved in getting there, getting done, and getting back home. Wheelchair bound with neuropathy it takes two or three times as long to do anything as it would a mobile person. So from beginning to get ready to getting home takes more than six hours for a fifteen minute treatment. Makes it a challenge to get the rest of life taken care of.

Not sure if it's the 5FU chemo or the radiation but some untoward side effects have finally shown up. Not serious yet, but getting little sores on arms, in mouth and on my head. And there was a week of "flu-like symptoms" this week, just sniffling and sneezing to the extent of some minor nose bleeding. Feeling pretty good today with all that stuff.

The radiation machine broke down Friday and they had to go look in Kazikistan for an engineer to fix it. So six hours to miss an appointment. A wee bit annoying.

Otherwise an uneventful week, save for getting the powerchair stuck in the mud today, near but not near enough to the front door. Had made two trips over the same spot while trying to move some planters and pots up onto the ramp and porch to get ready for herb and flower time.  It took about two hours to get it extricated, but all is well. Although I had confidence in Plans A, B and C for getting free and into the house, I still found myself getting strangely anxious as I waited while the sun dropped down into the time of uncomfortably cool.

But all's well and I'm kinda looking forward to getting another week of treatment under my belt.

Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment