Saturday, June 1, 2013

Has it been a full month?  Apologies to anyone who might be looking here for useful information.

We're now a week past the final Gemcitabine treatment. Finally it feels like it's beginning to clear out of my body. Still the annoying runny nose and weepy eyes, and an awful time getting to sleep, but I now feel more "awake" at times during the day. It's a bit of a surprise because I didn't ever know I was less than fully awake.

So now I've managed to make it through all the chemo and radiation they had in mind for me and am feeling not much the worse for wear.  I did manage to sleep through my CT scan appointment last week, so will have to go do that on Monday. I'm a bit apprehensive about it because the bad news option leaves little option.  But must suck it up and go find out what is or isn't down there.

Was thinking a little while ago that I never did notice any difference from missing my spleen, which they took along with the tumor in early October. Why is that? Does it do nothing other than secrete bile? Is bile necessary for anything, really? Aside from making us bilious from time to time?

So that's all for now. Will post again after I learn the results of the scan next week.

Never give up. Today is all we have anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment