Sunday, March 17, 2013

Heading into the home stretch of the 5-FU/radiation treatment regime. Four sessions remain of the planned 28.  Chemo doc removed the 5-FU pump for the weekend, largely due to nasty mucositis,  and radiation team gave me Monday off so both can end on Friday. Saturday was not too bad in that I got outdoors for a while and could mostly ignore the discomfort. But it's significantly worse today, and that's surprising as I expected it to go the other way. Ah,well... just five calendar days left for that regimen and then after a break it will be two three-week programs of Gemcitabine IV therapy. I tolerated that very well the first time and hope to have the same experience.

Overall, today is kinda miserable. All food except scrambled eggs looks and tastes bad. Can't chew and teeth remain in glass on sink. As of yesterday, had lost exactly 80 lbs since the diagnosis was made. Be happy to stop after 40 more and chemo doc says that plan should be ok.

So as crappy as it feels, I am determined to make the best of this deal and be grateful that I'm so close to the end of radiation.

As for you, survivor, I hope you are well. Better days may well be ahead.

Keep on truckin' and never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment